Room 125, Martinez Hall, 2nd Floor | The Testing Center will be closing at 2:00pm on Friday, August 21st
We apologize for any inconvenience.
Due to the impacts of COVID-19, the Testing Center has changed to a temporary limited capacity schedule. The temporary schedule is below. See the Pearson or HiSet websites for scheduling and registration. To schedule an Accuplacer exam, or request any other proctoring service, contact us by phone: (505) 287-6640, or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Testing Schedule Beginning August 1st
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
(Tests must be completed by 5:00 PM)
Testing Coordinator — Taelor Spangler
Assistant Testing Coordinator — Cheryl Miles
Professional Science Tutor — Carol Prewett
We are an Authorized Pearson VUE Testing Center
Testing Center FAQ
- You must provide a current photo ID (government issued) that includes your First and Last Name. If you do not provide a valid ID you will not be testing. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Personal belongings are not permitted in testing room. Lockers are available for storage.
- On the day of your exam, studying is not permitted once you enter the Testing Center.
- Once your exam has begun, you are not permitted to leave the building.
- If you are unaffiliated with NMSU, you will be charged a $15.00 proctor fee to be paid on the day of your exam
< High School Equivalency Exams will be granted an exception to the levying of the proctor fee >
If caught or suspected of academic dishonesty while testing, you will be asked to leave.
Tests will not be scored!
To Schedule Proctoring for an NMSU or Non-NMSU related Course:
Both you and your instructor, respectively, need to fill out the forms below requesting a date and time within the hours of availability.
Additional Services Offered
ACT Work Keys Testing:
The ACT National Career Readiness Certificate is a nationally recognized, assessment-based work skills credential. Issued at 4 levels, the ACT NCRC measures and certifies the essential work skills needed for success in jobs across industries and occupations.
Focus 2 Career Assessment:
The Focus 2 Assessment is a career, major, and education planning system that evaluates personality, values, interests, and skills to determine an education and career focus that fits you.