Room 120, Martinez Hall
Our mission is to provide educational opportunities for non-traditional students in the Grants and Cibola County communities. Our primary goal is to provide programs in basic skills development, HSE (High School Equivalency). In addition we wish to be a bridge to the academic and vocational programs at NMSU Grants and other regional and statewide post secondary programs. We can accommodate students who are as young as 16 years old and students with varying academic abilities. Our program is open to the entire Cibola County community and to parts of the surrounding counties. We provide these services at little or no cost to the entire service area.The Programs in Adult Basic Education (ABE) at NMSU Grants offer the following areas of study for learners age 16* and over.
- Christy Green, CC Mgr. Adult Basic Education (505) 287-6643
- Sonya Archuleta, Data Technician (505) 287-6683
- Michelle Bennett, Administrative Assistant (505) 287-6662
HSE Testing Dates
Computer-Based Testing is scheduled in Martinez Hall, 2nd Floor, Room 125 at the Grants: Testing Center. For testing dates, call 287-6643.
Walk-ins will not be accepted.
For students who want to improve their basic skills in reading, writing and math to be ready for HSE tests preparation.
HSE Tests Preparation
For students who want to review or need to improve their skills in reading, writing, and math before taking the HSE tests, or
- preparing for the HSE tests to earn a New Mexico High School Equivalency,
- improving their communication skills in English,
- seeking employment or higher wage jobs,
- preparing for post-secondary education, and/or
- personal improvement.
Parental permission and school board verification (not enrolled in high school) required for 16 and 17 year olds. ABE students reach their goals through a variety of NO COST services. Pre-testing is used to determine new students’ educational strengths and weaknesses. Once pre-testing is completed, students are given a study plan and options to complete the study plan of classroom instruction, tutoring, computer-based learning and/or self study. The Programs in Adult Basic Education (ABE) at NMSU Grants offer the following services.
HSE Transcript Requests
As of 2013, New Mexico HSE Transcripts must be requested through www.diplomasender.com. You will need to provide the following information:
- Your email address
- Date of Birth
- Name tested under
- State where tested
- Identification number (usually Social Security Number)
- Name and address of the recipient, who and where the official transcript is to be sent. Usually “Official Transcript” means a formal, paper copy. Before having a transcript sent by Fax or e-mail, check with recipient to find out if this is a valid form for them.
Transcripts cost $18.00 each. Additional copies of your diploma, (not including your initial diploma earned after February 1, 2013) also cost $18.00. Credit card, debit card, or money orders are accepted as payment. If using a Money Order, get specific information from DiplomaSender as to procedure and mailing address.
Frequently Asked Questions
The minimum age is 16. Individuals under the age of 18 are required to obtain and submit a completed Underage Permission Form indicating parental consent and local school district approval. New Mexico residency is not a requirement for testing.
Office hours are 8:00 am to 9:00 pm Monday through Thursday and Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
To Complete the Underage Permission Form
Test Site Requirements:
1) Must be a government-issued photo ID (example; a valid driver’s license, a state-issued ID which shows name, date of birth, and signature.)
2) Identification: must verify two of the following: name, date of birth, Social Security number or signature. (example; Social Security Card.)