Begin your journey here with NMSU Grants!
Apply for admission and begin along your career pathway.
Non-Degree Seeking Students
- Ineligible for Financial Aid
- Transcripts are required
- Change-of-Status requires ” good “ Academic Standing
- See an advisor if you wish to audit a course
– Good Standing is (in part) denoted as (2.0 NMSU GPA)
– Only 30 credits may carry over if changed to Degree Seeking
Follow these steps for Admission as a Non-Degree Student:
All transfers to NMSU Las Cruces must submit for a
Eligibility to Transfer
- Have at least a 2.0 cumulative grade point average, and 30 completed college credit hours
- Have completed CCDE 110N and/or are eligible to enroll in ENGL 111
- Have completed CCDM 114N and/or are eligible to enroll in MATH 120/MATH 210G
- Have taken an ACT/SAT (only if you have completed less than 30 college credits after high school graduation)
On a space-available basis, senior citizens (65+) may enroll for up to 10 credit hours at $5.00 per credit, non-degree seeking status. State law requires that senior citizens taking more than 10 credit hours be charged full rate for all credits based on
in-district or out-of-district residency.
Please note all other applicable fees are charged at full rate.
These include but are not limited to: (Distance Education, Late Fees, Lab Fees, class materials, etc.)
See: Tuition & Fees (Summer/Fall 2020)
IMPORTANT: Early Registration prior to the first day of class will assess you the full ($86.00 per credit)
Steps to Register
Accuplacer Placement Test
Activate my.nmsu.edu account
(renew every year)
When beginning the registration process check with an advisor for registration dates open to you based on your current classification. If you do not know your present classification, request this information from your advisor at the time of inquiry.
Log into my.NMSU
- Access your account at my.nmsu.edu and enter your username and password.
- Click here if you require a password reset or experience another account related issue
Check your Registration Status
- Click Student
- Click Registration & Registration Status
- Check to ensure all holds are cleared before registering
Look-Up a Class & Registration
- Click Student
- Click Registration
- Select Term
- On the Look-Up Classes page, select any known features of the class.
- Click Class Search
- Select the checkbox next to any class you would like to register
- Click Register
You must apply once a year.
✔ Submit official transcripts. High School/GED and any universities you attended.
✔ Take the Accuplacer Placement Test. Obtain a ticket from Student Services then proceed to the
NMSU Grants Testing Center.
✔ Activate your my.nmsu.edu account
✔ Attend the mandatory New Student Orientation. See Student Services for dates and times.
✔ Register for classes EARLY.
✔ Make payment arrangements with the Business Office.
✔ Obtain your Aggie ID in the Student Services Office
✔ Purchase your books. Books can be purchased from the Barnes & Noble NMSU bookstore.
✔ Always feel free to ask our staff questions. They are always glad to help!