The following information was sent out today by NMSU Interim Chief Information Officer Norma Grijalva. The bottom line is that all NMSU students are eligible to download up to 5 copies of Office 365 (includes Office 2013 for Windows or Office 2011 for Mac) to use while they are NMSU students. Check your email or continue reading.
Welcome back Aggies!
That’s right. Office 365 ProPlus — Microsoft’s most current office suite with Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, OneNote, Publisher, Access and Lync — is now available for download by all enrolled NMSU students, free of charge.
No more buying MS Office discs!
Through Microsoft’s “Student Advantage” Program, students of NMSU can now download the MS Office suite directly to their computers. With the Office 365 ProPlus subscription, students can:
- Use Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, OneNote, Publisher, Access and Lync for free as long as they are active students at NMSU
- Download Office 365 ProPlus to 5 different computing devices
- DUse Office 365 ProPlus on PCs, Macs, and mobile devices
Instructions for downloading Office 365ProPlus
- Downloading Office 365 ProPlus is as easy as:
- Log into my.nmsu.edu with your NMSU username and password.
- Click the blue email icon on the left under “Launch Pad” to launch your email.
- When your email opens, look for the small gear icon in the upper right corner.
- Click the gear icon, then select “Office 365 Settings.”
- On the Office 365 settings screen, select “software” in the left column.
- Select your language (English is the default), then click the “install” button to begin the download, then follow the prompts.
- For Mac users, the only programs available are Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Complete instructions are available at http://studenttech.nmsu.edu/mynmsu-office-365/.
For students who have already purchased MS Office
If you have purchased Microsoft Office and are either graduating soon or leaving the University, it is advisable to keep the purchased copy rather than upgrading to Office 365 Pro plus. The license only allows use of Office 365 ProPlus while students are enrolled at NMSU. If you feel it is beneficial to install the new 365 ProPlus, you must first remove any old office installations.
Help & Support
- NMSU Grants students can drop by Room 122 in Martinez Hall to learn more or start the process.
- Watch for more information on the NMSU Grants website.
- Depending on a variety of factors, it will take at least 30 minutes to complete the download and install process.
Please be aware the help desk is experiencing early-semester, high call volume.
Pass it on
While the Office ProPlus365 is available only to active NMSU students, this message has been sent to the entire NMSU community. Please pass it on to your classmates/students.