Have you downloaded your FREE student copy of the latest Microsoft Office 365 with Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, and the rest of the Office 365 suite of software?
Why not? It’s FREE! Yeah, it does take a couple of hours to download and install, but it’s FREE for all NMSU students. Follow these instructions:
Through Microsoft’s “Student Advantage” Program, students of NMSU can now download the MS Office suite directly to their computers. With the Office 365 ProPlus subscription, students can:
- Use Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, OneNote, Publisher, Access and Lync for free as long as they are active students at NMSU
- Download Office 365 ProPlus to 5 different computing devices
- DUse Office 365 ProPlus on PCs, Macs, and mobile devices
Instructions for downloading Office 365ProPlus
- Log into my.nmsu.edu with your NMSU username and password.
- Click the blue email icon on the left under “Launch Pad” to launch your email.
- When your email opens, look for the small gear icon in the upper right corner.
- Click the gear icon, then select “Office 365 Settings.”
- On the Office 365 settings screen, select “software” in the left column.
- Select your language (English is the default), then click the “install” button to begin the download, then follow the prompts.
- For Mac users, the only programs available are Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Complete instructions are available at http://studenttech.nmsu.edu/mynmsu-office-365/.
For students who have already purchased MS Office
If you have purchased Microsoft Office and are either graduating soon or leaving the University, it is advisable to keep the purchased copy rather than upgrading to Office 365 Pro plus. The license only allows use of Office 365 ProPlus while students are enrolled at NMSU. If you feel it is beneficial to install the new 365 ProPlus, you must first remove any old office installations.
Help & Support
- NMSU Grants students can drop by Room 122 in Martinez Hall to learn more or start the process.
- Depending on a variety of factors, it will take at least 60 minutes to complete the download and install process if you’re off campus. On campus it make take 10-20 minutes.