Small Business Development Center
Grants, NM 87020
(505) 287-2125 (fax)
Denise Chavez, (505) 287-6688
Geraldine Ortiz, (505) 287-6687
The NMSU Grants Small Business Development Center (SBDC) is committed to providing quality direct assistance, entrepreneurial education and resource links for potential and existing small businesses to strengthen the economy of New Mexico. Whether you already own a small business or are thinking about becoming an entrepreneur, the Small Business Development at New Mexico State University can help you climb the ladder of success. The SBDC offers FREE management consulting, training course (nominal fees may apply), and government procurement assistance for western New Mexico business.
We are a member of the New Mexico Small Business Development Center Network (NMSBDC) and partnership with the U.S. Small Business Association.
The SBDC offers group and one-on-one counseling on a wide range of business topics.
For the Inexperienced Business Person
- Understand local and state regulatory requirements, including taxes.
- Learn how to develop a business plan.
- Explore financing options.
- Learn how to keep financial records.
For the Experienced Business Person
- Improve your business and management skills.
- Create alternatives for solving business problems.
- Investigate financing options
Other Areas of Counseling
- Business Start-Ups and Feasibility Studies
- Organization Planning and Analysis
- Business Loans and Loan Packaging
- Budget & Cash Flow Analysis
- Marketing & Sales Planning
- Computer & MIS Systems
- Accounting & Taxes
- Customer Service
Workshops & Seminars
NMSU Grants Small Business Development Center provides workshops and seminars on a variety of subjects. Nominal fees may apply.
Local Business Partners
- Cibola Communities Economic Development Foundation
- Grants/Cibola County Chamber of Commerce
- NMSU Grants
- Future Foundation Partnership
- Business Retention and Expansion Task Force
- Mainstreet Grants
- Future Families Foundation
- Grants State Bank
- Cibola Foundation, Inc.
- First Community Bank
- Wells Fargo Bank
- Acoma Business Enterprise
- Acoma Pueblo Taxation Office
- Laguna Partners for Success
3,759 total views, 4 views today