The Spring 2015 catalog of courses available under the Community Education Option has been released. Twenty-seven courses are available in the subject areas of Art, Business Management, Computers, Dance, Drafting, Electronics, PE, Welding, and Wood Working. Download the brochure for details.
Community Education Option
The Community Education option allows individuals to participate in a credit course similar to a typical noncredit community education course. Individuals do not have to apply for official admission and enrollment to NMSU Grants. No official college transcript is produced nor grade awarded. Individuals enrolled under the Community Education Option are required to follow university policy and are bound by the NMSU Grants Student Code of Conduct, as are all other individuals authorized to use university services and facilities. Individuals may enroll in credit courses by the Community Education Option under the following provisions:
- Consent of the instructor or other appropriate university officer is given.
- The course has excess enrollment capacity not needed for college credit students.
- Individuals accessing the Community Education Option must be 18 years of age or older and with no outstanding debt with the college.
- The individual pays for the full cost of tuition, course fees, and materials if applicable.
- Senior citizens pay the senior citizen tuition rate per credit hour plus course fees and materials if applicable.
- Eight (8) is the maximum number of credits an individual may enroll in under the Community Education Option during any one semester.
- Individuals may not access the Community Education Option during the same semester they are enrolled as a college credit student.
- Course credit cannot be awarded retroactively.
- Individuals accessing the Community Education Option are subject to University Policy and the Student Code of Conduct as applicable.
If ten (10) or more individuals request the CEO option or a specific course and time frame, one will be scheduled pending instructor and room availability.
Community Education Option Courses
Starting October 15, 2014 – Enroll now
- YOGA (PE 199), Mondays & Wednesdays, 5:15p to 6:30p
- ZUMBA (PE 270), Tuesdays & Thursdays, Noon to 1:15p
- TABATA BOOT CAMP (PE 270), Mondays & Wednesdays, Noon to 1:15p
1,313 total views, 2 views today